Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Four Days..

Holy cow, we are really doing it.  We have packed our life for the next two years into four bags and two carry-ons.  Surprisingly, our bags are much under the anticipated weight, and I still am having a hard time carrying them around.  There was some slight bickering during the packing, but we kept it to a minimum :) We cannot say how excited we are, and a little overwhelmed.  We have had goodbye parties, gone hiking, participated in a surprise baby-shower, and have gone "cruising" with my sister many times (Which I love! Turns out cruising and driving - two different things!) and I am happy to say that we are only four days from departing to Philadelphia for orientation, and six days from leaving for Africa.  If anyone should be prepared, we should be, considering we had seven months to plan for this departure, but even with the time, it still feels like it is coming on fast.  Wish us luck, and please send letters!

2 comments:

  1. Can I say that this makes me cry. Today at work, Jed came and took sharpdesk off of your computer and put it on mine and we needed your password and Teleen was gone so I almost called you and then I got a little misty eyed knowing that in a few days I can't call you. You guys are great and will be so missed. Good luck on your adventure!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This week has been a whirl-wind of emotion! We only have 3 more days, but I feel like things are finally coming together. I have been facebook stalking you and your kids already look bigger and I've only been gone a month! PS - You can call me, it will just be expensive - so make sure you call me from your office phone :)

    ReplyDelete