Saturday, April 21, 2012

“My country…It is coming for you”

 Not exactly words you want to hear coming from a Somalian at this period in time, but once Ryan fleshed out his English we found out that he actually meant, “When you come to my country, I will help you like you are helping me.” That statement makes peeing in a dirt hole for two years totally worth it.

We have been doing quite a lot lately.  I think the most entertaining way of going through it is with pictures!

First, cute babies!

This is our Sisi Andile and her baby Misosomusa. She is adorable, hardly cries, but does always decide to poop at the exact moment I am holding her.












This is our Sisi Gcebile and her new baby Tsitsetso. The two baby girls were born 3 days apart! Gcebile has moved to Mastapha to be with the baby’s father, but I am able to visit her and the baby a couple of times a month.








We also have had this little guy running around – Siphiwo! Cutest dude ever. Utsandzabhadla! (He loves to draw!)









 To finish the cute baby series, this is a little boy from the camp.  He stuck around while we were teaching our TEFL tutoring class.
















Series 2: TELF Class at the Camp

We are now 11 weeks into our TEFL class.  They are really showing improvement, and their desire to learn continues to amaze and impress me.






















Series 3: Mid Service Training

Ryan and I attended our Mid-service training with two local counterparts, Amnesty and Bashin.  We had a great time and have our next year pretty much booked with ideas. These guys are the best!













Final Series:

And of course, we have a lot of time to have a lot of fun.  I traveled to a nearby volunteer’s house who has the pleasure of living 30 minutes away from this:




























Next time on Abrakadafrica:

Working with women on Income Generation Projects at the Camp!

Working with the NGO Junior Achievement at our local high school! We will be making emasanitary pads kakhulu! About 500 of them to be exact.  It’s a good thing I now have a sewing machine!

Until next time,

Stay Classy America!

No comments:

Post a Comment